Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 82: Refocus


The holidays are upon us. This is a great time of year to spend time with family, but not-so-great time of extra added temptation to eat too much and exercise too little. I am not exempt from this. I am totally guilty (look at tonight's "snack"). I think I figure "Hey, it's holiday time, it's ok to indulge a little." or "Hey, swimsuit season isn't for another 6 months. I can afford to fudge a little... or have a little fudge."

But that is not the point! It's time to re-remind myself of why I am doing any of this in the first place. And if I can't remember, my body will and is telling me why. If you have only started reading the blog recently you may not know that I have Crohn's disease, an inflammatory bowel disorder where eating the wrong type of foods mean all kinds of trouble, and it isn't pretty.. or fun. It gives me amazing nearly instant feedback on whether the food choices I make are the right ones.  

Lately I have been feeling the early stages of a flare, and it is something I am doing to myself. My health is directly dictated by what I put in my mouth, and how active I am and I am doing a pretty shoddy job of both.

The reason I am doing this is I want to have the best health possible. I don't just want to not be actively sick. I want excellent health! I want to be free of the need for Crohn's meds. I want to have energy, not feel bloated or sick, and have a healthy body. I want to have kids naturally, and I want to stop polluting my body with things that are only going to do it harm. And I want to feel and look amazing!

It's time to refocus!

It's also time to follow through! November is supposed to be LGL month - that's Low Glycemic Load month. I am a big believer in tools for success, and the tool I need to put together is my Low Glycemic List; that is, foods that are ok to eat after 6pm - essentially, safe dinner foods that won't raise your blood sugar too dramatically or be too calorie-heavy after the peak energy burning hours of the day, which means excess-weight shedding and great weight management.

That is my assignment for tomorrow! There you have it. You've seen it, now keep me accountable!


In terms of not slipping up with food, I have the tools and tips on how to not slip. I just have to refocus and use them!



FOOD
Breakfast: 2 HBE and cinnamon oatmeal
Snack: string cheese and a pear
Lunch: leftover Ratatouille and mini bell peppers
Dinner: Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Roast Chicken
Snack: I nibbled on some of the food from our Mini Thanksgiving at youth group... including (count em) 6 pieces of gingerbread cake! Ouch!! I did find until the deserts, then I think it's safe to say I lost my resolve. NOT my best night. I did great all day and then had that one major slip up. It's going to happen from time to time, I won't beat myself up. It's just an opportunity to make better choices tomorrow. 

EXERCISE
This is the LAST day of laziness! Tomorrow, I run!!


Thanks for reading all!

No comments: