Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 85: Cookie Monster Brain

How did I fare on Turkey day?



I learned a few important lessons.

Lesson #1. I learned that my stomach is only so big. Trying to fill it near to, to or past capacity is a bad idea. Your stomach is your best indication as to when you should stop eating, so don't eat too fast, since it takes about 20 mins for your stomach to tell your brain that it's full.

I filled it past capacity and boy, was I sorry! It has taken nearly all day for it to recover.

I think each of us has a "cookie monster brain" that kicks in when we get around all the dishes and the trimmings of the holidays. I know I do. I get a whiff of the savory flavors, see the massive spread of food, stretching nearly to the horizon, and have a little taste. That's when the "cookie monster brain" kicks in. I don't know it, but by the time my stomach has told me I am full, it's too late. It's not entirely my fault, how could I resist the amazing dishes? Why would I not have one more bite of this, and that, and then have a slice of pumpkin pie. Or two?

Nom, nom, nom!!

And that's how I ended of up feeling the sweet pain of having an overfull stomach.

How did I do today?



FOOD
Breakfast: two HBE's and some pumpkin oatmeal
Snack: an apple and a string cheese
Lunch: steamed broccoli with meaty marinara sauce
Snack: a small piece of pumpkin pie
Dinner: turkey meatballs and a small apple with cinnamon for dessert





EXERCISE
I ran just under 3 miles in 30 mins! Getting a little faster, but it was certainly a challenge.





Thanks for reading all!

No comments: